Friday, January 29, 2010

Baby Birdy

One of my friends at work is 8 months pregnant and we had a baby shower for her. So fun!! I love baby showers and everything that comes with them! It's so fun to shop for cute itty-bitty clothes and toys and binks and... uh!... everything! :-) But this 2nd time mama-to-be is having another girl, so she doesn't really need a whole lot of essentials. She didn't register anywhere either, which makes it a little more difficult. But I had a plan...

I made her give me ideas about her new little one's room and decor theme... birdies, and flowers, and lots of yellow, and pink, and green! CUTE!

Then I had my "ah-ha!" moment. I remembered seeing some wall stencils in a catalog, and they matched perfectly with the birdy pics she already had! Excitement took over. I wanted to stencil one of the birdies onto something. What though?? What could a mama use in her new babe's room? Something functional, something for decoration only? Hmmm... how about a stool? Mama could use it in the room for decoration, big sis could use it to step up to the crib to see baby, and baby could use it when she gets older. Perfect! ;)

So I started with this... a simple wooden stool...


Then I painted it white. I suppose I should have painted it yellow, since that was one of her colors, but I decided that might be yellow overload, so white it was...


Then came the important part... painting the bird. I didn't have time to re-do this stool if I really messed it all up, so it was imperative that I get it right on the first try... stress... but I think it turned out pretty cute...



She started to cry when she opened it.... I think she liked it too.



Congrats again Kristie! And have fun with that new little cutie!

1 comment: