Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Wall Re-Build: Phase 1 - Deconstruction

It needed to be done. Not all things in life are fun. It needed to be done.

That's what I kept telling Ryan. He knew it deep down, but he didn't want to come to terms with it. But... it needed to be done...

The dreaded "wall re-build".

Last weekend there were no excuses available. It was sunny and warm(er) and we had no plans. And the Spring planting season is coming up fast! We need to be ready. And with plans to make the hill a garden oasis, the only thing left to do was to re-build that blasted wall. It needed to be done. And so he started in...


His arsenal of tools at hand, he started in. Look at that enthusiastic face!

This is our lovely wall before we started.


And this is the primary reason for the re-build... notice the not-so-lovely lean in the middle of the wall. It would really not be lovely any more if it ever fell over.


So let the digging begin!


And more digging...


And more digging...


Needless to say, Ryan needed a back rub that night. And I claimed I did too, since I moved all of those really, heavy, bricks. I didn't get one. Maybe because I really only helped out for about an hour.

But I was really impressed with how much Ryan got done in one day! My little guy is such a diligent worker.







It doesn't look like much now, but after some more work this weekend (and maybe with some laborers persuaded with the promise of a free lunch), we can hopefully get it back to the point where we can actually start the "re-build" phase of our "re-build" project.

Over and out!

2 comments:

  1. WOW that looks like a HUGE project!!! Good luck! Let us know if you need help! As soon as we are done with our deck we are available ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stacey just looking at it makes me tired! Robert and I can come help just let us know when. It will be worth it when it is done!

    ReplyDelete