We had quite the busy weekend! With Saturday slated for not-so-great weather, we decided to tackle the planter boxes for the back hill, which is cleared out and ready to go on one side (will post about Phase 2 of the wall re-build/hill clearing next).
We borrowed a saw from my Grandpa's "Rent-It Center" to cut the wood. Ryan was in hog heaven, let me tell ya!
He bought some wood from the lumber store, then we went on to inspect each piece to make sure it matched the others it would be placed with. They all have a little bit of a different color and look with the grain.
Ryan put his mad CAD skills to work for him last week, and made a quick sketch of the look and general scale of the boxes.
With plans in mind, we laid out out the wood in preparation to assemble the boxes.
As Ryan worked to get things going, I came up with a project for myself! I asked Ryan to grab me some wood for a project, and he came back with a single plank of 1x2". At first I was thinking... "that's it?"... but then I realized I could make do. It didn't matter anyways. The only thing that did matter was that I got to use the saw!!!
So I decided to make a spice rack. :-) I measured my cabinet space and my wood, and got to work!
I also got to use the nail gun! What joy! Can you tell that I loved wood shop in Middle School?
And now my little creation lives happily in my spice cupboard. The End.
Well, not quite the end. I forgot about Ryan... out in the garage... slaving away on the boxes. His pride and joy...
He was hard at work!
Prepping...
and measuring...
and cutting...
And then, before I knew it, he was assembling and constructing! What lovely craftsmanship hun :-)
Pretty soon it was almost all done. And lookin' good! Just have to make the sides and then put in the hill. We are going to be growing machines in no time!
One down... ready for this? Are you sure?
SEVEN to go! Get to work babe!















No comments:
Post a Comment